Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Entry 6 - April 1, 2009 – still…

Back at the hostel now, it’s about 7:30 pm. The Keukenhof was spectacular – just as I had hoped it would be. Our train ride on the other hand…we accidentally went an hour too far on our ride and had to backtrack to Leiden Centraal. I said it before and I’ll say it again; I could swear we never passed a “Leiden Centraal” at all! I would have noticed! So I think we were on a different line and then had to get on the right line. I had to literally draw out the map because there weren’t any to take with us.

Anyway, it was still beautiful and so immaculately manicured that I think my Dad would go nuts; huge tall trees, bright green lawns, lakes, streams, cafes, shops, and of course, tulips. And tons of other types of flowers too. I got enough pictures to last a lifetime, which they will!


And thank the Lord; we just got our heater fixed – hallelujah! Tonight we’re not really sure what the plan is – it’s just about 8 and we technically haven’t had dinner yet. Tomorrow we want to go up the Westerkerk Tower before heading off to the airport. Oh and Jane’s not here anymore so I assume she got the job at the Flying Pig Uptown. Nick is lying on his bunk right now, fast asleep…looking forward to packing tonight…not.


No comments:

Post a Comment