Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Five Weeks of Adventure & Wonder

I’ve been reflecting back lately on where I was in the Spring of 2009. Not here in the safety of my home, not in Canada. I was out there…travelling.

Starting at the end of March, one of my best friends and I started an incredible journey that would take us through the cobble-stone streets and tulips of Amsterdam, down to the beautiful waters and underwater life of Sharm El-Sheik, over to the ancient wonders of the world in Cairo and down to the magnificence that is South Africa. I look back at my pictures frequently, reminiscing and dreaming of going back – and every now and then I pick up my journal that I wrote in each day and try to picture exactly where I was when I penned those words. There may be a day when I lose that journal, so over the next few weeks I have decided to actually type it out. Word for word. And include some pics for your enjoyment :)

Here’s to 5 weeks of adventure and wonder…




1 comment: