Thursday, June 24, 2010

Entry 1 - March 28, 2009

So it’s the night before we leave and needless to say, I can’t sleep. My mind is reeling with thoughts, worries, questions and “what ifs”. And yet somehow I really do feel ready for this. I just can’t believe we’re here, at this point. We started planning this over a year ago! I remember going for dessert with Logan at White Spot and she had this grin on her face: "So...I want to go to Africa...want to come with me?" Haha, I guess it still hasn’t hit me yet; maybe when we’re at the airport.

I know this is going to be a trip of a lifetime and I’m so grateful that I get to take it! I’m grateful that I have a job that pays me enough, that I have a boss/co-workers that allow me so much time off (and understanding), and parents that are so supportive – albeit, cautiously. I’ll admit I’m a little nervous too; we’re going to Egypt which could be quite dangerous for us – and we’re doing a few risky activities on top of that! I still love the shocked faces that I see when I tell people what we’ll be doing: “…Shan, are you serious?!” Ahh, I love it!

Lord, thank you for the opportunity. Thank you that I get to explore a bit more of your beautiful creation and see my family again (it’s been 9 years!). I pray that you be with Logan and I in every sense of the word; safety, health, money, directions, wisdom, friendship…tonight I just pray that you go before us and keep us safe. EEEEEEEEEK!! One more sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment