Friday, August 21, 2009

Random-ing

So it’s Friday – another Friday. This week, like many weeks before it, has flown by. It felt like just yesterday that I was answering the phone in my Monday voice and now here I am answering in my excited “yay, it’s Friday!” voice. And believe me, there is a difference. It’s all in the lips; answering a call with a smile can absolutely, without a doubt be heard on the other end of a phone line. I’ve tested the theory and it works. Try it and see what kind of voice reactions you get from the other side.

This weekend is going to be a gooder: coffee-ing, garage saling, sibling-ing, music pumping, sleeping in-ing, churching, worshipping, lunching, researching, missing, photographing, goodbye-ing & celebrating. Lots of things to look forward to, I’d say.

I’m getting very anxious though, of all the fine folks leaving good ol’ Twas. Jen, Gat, Brigh, Alisha, Mei, Rachelle, Maddie, Saraya, Carly…this just isn’t right! Yet I know that it’s what God has planned for them all and who am I to argue with the Big Guy upstairs? All I can do is pray for them wholeheartedly that God would look after them, challenge them, give them opportunities to mature and grow in faith and obedience, become connected, make life-long friendships, know what it feels like to be in a loving, Christ-centered community and of course love one another well. That can be done, right?

“All in due time, child, all in due time.” Thank goodness for God’s timing.
God is good all the time...and all the time God is good.

1 comment: