Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oh Lasagna!

Relaxing weekend away leads to frustrating morning…sounds wrong doesn’t it?

Let me first begin with the amazing time away with the Gladman’s and the Lady Gem – a beautiful 75 ft. yacht complete with a kitchen, lounge, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, dining room, breakfast ‘nook’ back deck, top deck, front deck & 4 kayaks. I was fortunate enough to be invited along for their annual long weekend getaway, and it was spectacular! We’d sit at the front of the boat and lean over as we cut through the water on our way to Saturna Island where we anchored for the night; did a little exploring, ate a lot of food, got a lot of sun, watched the sunset and even some good ol’ BBC comedy called Doc Martin.

The following day we headed to Provost Bay on Mayne Island (I think) and did pretty much the same thing; explore, eat, tan (of if you’re me, burn), watch and laugh.


The next day (now Sunday) we headed to Ganges on Salt Spring Island where we docked for the night; cute little town with lots of curio shops and restaurants. It was interesting to see all these boats and their names and where they were from – some names more questionable than others, but interesting nonetheless. I had fun with different filters and settings that night with Oliver:

The following day, now Monday, we headed to Montague Bay on Galiano Island. We were only there for a few hours as we needed to head back in time for high tide. All in all, it was an awesome weekend – I finished two books, started a third, spent a lot of time thinking and praying and listening and reflecting – all while the fresh (salty) air flowed through my hair, haha. Idyllic, hey? I am very blessed to have been a part of that and I felt loved; even if my name changed 4 times throughout the weekend – my favourite definitely being “Lasagna”; thanks Ted!

Now on to the frustrating morning. While I’m not going to go into details re: the who, what, where, when & why, I am just going to vent a little bit about stubbornness and selfishness. That’s ok right? I’ve found myself in the middle of a rock and a hard place, with 3 of my very close friends. One is expecting her friends to celebrate with her on a big day, while the other two are being “grumpy” (direct quote) and not willing to compromise under any circumstances – even if IT’S NOT ABOUT THEM AT ALL. Now here I am, not wanting to get involved, but feeling quite bad for the one particular friend. I’m trying my best to approach both sides with love and fairness (although finding it pretty hard) and praying for God’s guidance. What do I do? Stay out of it all? Try to find common ground knowing the rate of failure will be high? It’s one of those situations where I truly feel like if I say the wrong thing or act the wrong way, that my example of a Christian will go down the drain. I want to handle this with love, understanding and wisdom – Lord I need wisdom here, hah!

Anywho, enough of that. I would appreciate your prayers :)
Hope you all had a splendid weekend as I did and enjoy this streak of ‘cooler’ weather.

Love you all!
Shan

3 comments:

  1. Speak up when you know it's time; say what you know is right and if they get mad at you...meh.

    ...I know it's not as easy as all that- believe me I've been there. But gentle integrity goes a long way, and sometimes friends need to hear truth from people who will love them even when they are being stubborn!!!

    If your gut is telling you to stick by the one friend on her big day (a big day? Uh, ya she probably needs support!), then do it!

    love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan! Love your blog and how often you are posting! Thank you for entertaining me during my bouts of boring. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to see an UNPROMPTED post!! :) you'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete